Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Judge Me By My Size, Do You?

In between all of my blankets (and sometimes during) I have been trying to keep myself from getting bogged down with lots of quick smaller projects, as you know. One of those recent projects was a birthday present for a friend of mine.

Yoda by Cori 2012.

Pattern: Yoda Star Wars Mini Amigurumi by Lucy Ravenscar
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Honeydew, Buff, and Coffee (with some black for the mouth and safety eyes)
Hook: US G

Oh my goodness this little guy was so easy and quick to make! I think he maybe took two hours, and hardly any yarn. I will definitely be making more of him. The pattern has also been updated since I purchased it to include a removable robe, which I think is pretty spiffy. Now I just need to figure out how to crochet a teeny tiny lightsaber to go with that. I don't think it will be too hard.

I have several more Star Wars amigurumi patterns from the same author (I bought them in a package deal), so I look forward to making a little Darth Vader or storm troopers for future Yodas to fight with. Maybe I can figure out how to modify the storm troopers to make them clone troopers like in The Clone Wars.

Huzzah for small, quick, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment