Friday, May 25, 2012

One For the Hoopy Froods

Happy Towel Day people!

Do you know where your towel is?

(Hint: Your answer should be, "Why it is right here with me of course. One never goes anywhere without a towel, that would just be tempting fate.")

If you crochet or knit and also happen to be into Douglas Adams and his wonderful Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, then an excellent way to celebrate Towel Day is, of course, by making your very own towel!

Which is precisely what I did.

Always Know Where It Is by Cori 2012.

Full view.

Pattern: Cottontail Dishtowels* by Lion Brand Yarn
Yarn: Knit Picks Dishie in Maps, Coffee, and Swan (2, 1, and 1 balls)
Hook: US I

*Link may require free registration to see pattern.


Guys, guys, guys, I cannot tell you how much I absolutely love this main colorway Maps! The fact that it is called Maps makes me almost giddy. I am a nerd of strange tastes, yes, but come on, it is just so freaking cool! I also feel like the colors just fit in so well with the theme of galactic travel and holding on to a bit of Earth wherever you go...

Anyhoo, so that's my bit of tribute to Mr. Adams. I hope wherever you are, you know where your towel is, and I wish you a fantastic and safe holiday weekend!

In case you are wondering just why towels are so important, I will leave you with this informative little piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment