Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happiness All Around

Well, I finally managed to finish those socks I have been plugging away at.

Avocado Toes by Cori 2012.

Pattern: Starter Stockinette by Betsy Lee McCarthy, size large (pattern available in Knit Socks! 17 Classic Patterns for Cozy Feet by Betsy Lee McCarthy)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Quatro in Summerdaze (blue, two balls), and Green Tea (green, one ball)
Needles: US 3

Even though the measurements given for the women's large should have fit my feet, these came out way too big for me. They were not too big, however, for my husband, who was more than happy to reap the benefits of my needles:

Socks! I have socks, yay!

I shall put them on my feet and do a jig for you!

You can see from his sexy legs why I married him, of course.

Anyhoo, other than issues of size (I swear my gauge was right, but whatever), I am really happy with how these came out. I will definitely be making another pair (in the smaller size next time) for myself at some point. Also, I love this yarn.

After I was done with the socks, I even had enough to make this guy:

Swell Fella by Cori 2012.

With only eight legs, not nine, despite my husband's urging.

Pattern: Amigurumi Octopus by Lion Brand (may require free registration with site to see pattern)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Quatro in Summerdaze and Green Tea (less than one ball each)
Hook: US G

I used two strands at a time to get the fun color effect on this one. I like it a lot. I was really happy with how this guy came out. Quick and easy despite the pain of making and attaching all of the separate legs (while my daughter kept wandering off with what was assembled of him so far). This will be a gift for the son of a friend who is expecting her second child at the end of this month. I hope he enjoys it. It already has my daughter's stamp of approval!

Now I am back in blanket making mode. I am already pretty happy with the pattern and yarn for the current project, so that's a good thing. Hopefully it will work up quickly! I definitely have a lot more small projects I would like to try to squeeze in this summer. Only three blankets to go after this one gets done though, so my fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment