Friday, October 21, 2011

DragonAgeDragonAgeDragonAgeDragonAge

I suspect that I will be spending much of this weekend playing Dragon Age. I only have what, nine days left in the month? In order to focus on my writing during November for National Novel Writing Month I make myself abstain from video games. Sadly, this is much harder than it sounds. I am right now about half way through Orzammar, which is my last treaty quest to do, but then I still have to find the Sacred Urn and save the arl and get to the Landsmeet...sigh. I would love to say I will get this game wrapped up before November, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Of course, that could be a good thing, since as soon as I finish I would want to start a playthrough of the DLC, and probably Dragon Age II after that...yeesh. Seriously, I am addicted to this game, and DAII even more so than Origins.

You would think that I would have gotten my fix this past week when I played the new DAII DLC, "Mark of the Assassin." But no. It only made me hungry for more. Sigh. Also, Felicia Day, who voices the character of Tallis that joins your party for the new quest, is awesome and I would like for her to please be in every video game I ever play ever again, okay? Can we make that happen? 

At least I will get a little bit of a fix each Tuesday throughout most of November. Felicia Day's webseries, Dragon Age Redemption (starring none other than Felicia Day as, hey look at that, Tallis) has arrived and I am enjoying it immensely thus far. We only get six episodes though, but hey, I will take what I can get, really. 

Here are episodes one and two if you've got twenty minutes to kill and a swords & magic itch to scratch:




  

The live action Templar is pretty nice to look at, and he seems to not be as much as a zealot as most of the Templars that DAII throws at you. This is a lovely bonus. I am very curious about the mythology about the Qunari they are building up between the DLC and the webseries too. I know everything was completely approved by Bioware, so I am hoping that we get some more back story on that as the show progresses.

So, anyway, that's my plan for the weekend (well, for my "me" time anyway, I actually do have some quite fun stuff going on that involves other people as well). I hope you all each have an equally fun weekend ahead of you!

Just don't forget to watch out for darkspawn, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment