Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another Small Project

Got another quickie project done this weekend--and started two more biggies, sigh.

Still, this is about my sense of accomplishment at finishing what I did finish, so let's go with that.

Appropriately, given that Saturday night was the season finale for Doctor Who, on Saturday I wrapped up another Doctor Who project. To go with my TARDIS Wash Cloth, I also made this one:

Dalek Wash Cloth by Cori 2011.


Pattern: Exfoliate! Dalek Cloth by Penwiper.
Yarn: Knit Picks Dishie in Swan (used about half a skein).
Needles: 7

For those not in the know, the Daleks are a race of aliens who pretty much pester the poor Doctor across space and time. Their battle cry is "Exterminate!" and they resemble nothing so much as pepper pots. They are an iconic bit of Doctor Who lore, so when I stumbled across this pattern I thought it would be the perfect companion to my TARDIS wash cloth.

They do look mighty nice together, if I do say so myself.

Is the TARDIS coming after the Dalek or is it the other way around?

Both are in the mail on their way to a friend from college who is also a fan of the series. Hopefully she will enjoy them both very much!

As an added bonus, I not only learned how to knit a bobble stitch, I also think that doing so has given me a decent handling on increasing stitches. At least for the knit front and back increase. That will hopefully come in handy for the sweater I started over the weekend. 

Huzzah for happy random happenstance!


No comments:

Post a Comment