Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wrapping Up the Final Wrap-Up

Does anyone wanna see the newest finished blanket?

Because I DEFINITELY want to show it to you.

Dark Blooms by Cori 2012



Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Black (4 skeins), Dark Orchid (1 skein), and Cherry Red (1 skein)
Hook: US H

These are just basic granny squares with three rows of color in the center surrounded by three rows of black. I attached them to each other by single crocheting the edges of the squares together (through the back loop only) using the colored yarn. Then four rows of border (black, red, purple, black) in the granny shell stitch.

Easy peasy.

But oh my goodness, isn't it beautiful! Not gonna lie, this may be one of my favorite blankets that I have ever made. It's smaller than my usual fare, only a throw, but it is going to be perfect for cuddling up on the couch during the upcoming winter months.

No more blankets to make this year, yay! Now I just have to tackle my laundry list of smaller projects. First up is a few things for a care package I want to send out (a crocheted scarf and a few ewoks). Next a pair of leg warmers I've been commissioned to do and then hopefully I can full steam ahead on that shawl. I've only got three pattern repeats and the edging left, so there is light at the end of that particular tunnel.

So I would say it's going pretty well on the yarn front right now. Ask me again in a month, we'll see if I'm still on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment