Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Past, Present, Future

Remember when I mentioned that I had done another small quickie project but couldn't show it to you?

Well, it was another Ewok, part of my sister's birthday package. I am rather happy with how he came out.

Oh Look, Another Ewok by Cori 2012.

Pattern: Ewok Star Wars Mini Amigurumi by Lucy Ravenscar (available for purchase at Etsy here)
Yarn: remnants from my stash
Hook: US E

I decided to try using the smaller hook for this one, and I like how it turned out, so I think I'll keep using that size for future Ewoks.

I am told that my nephew tried to appropriate this little guy when he arrived at his new home, so he was definitely a hit.

Currently I am very close to finishing my last blanket of the year (HUZZAH!!!), as in, I will probably finish it later today. As in, I only have one row of the border left. I am kind of in love with how this has turned out. It is just simple granny squares but I played with the colors a little and tried a different method of joining (as part of the color play) than I usually use. I can't wait to show it to you guys!

Next up, I have a few more Ewoks to make. Don't look at me like that. I have a lot of friends who like Star Wars, and of the amigurumi patterns I got for that, these guys are the cutest/quickest/easiest to make. So, yeah. Expect lots of Ewoks in the future, is all I have to say about that, I guess.

I also have a special project in mind for a friend of mine that will finally give me an excuse to use this awesome yarn:

Nerd Girl Yarns Shimma in Stargate colorway.

Then a few other small projects left on my list for the year. If those go over well, I want to make a new pair of fingerless mitts for myself, a pair for my daughter, and then try to squeeze in a pair of socks or a sweater for myself. Oh, and that shawl, of course. We shall see how all of that goes.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment