Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Almost a Platypus

So for most of last week I was still trying to recover from being sick the week before, and as a result, my yarn play mojo was just abysmal. I got two or three rows done on the dragon blanket and I had to put it down because I just could not concentrate.

I finally got back in the swing of things this past weekend and started up a small project. For my daughter's upcoming birthday I have been planning to make her an amigurumi Perry the Platypus (from her favorite show Phineas and Ferb). I made decent progress on him and had hoped to have it finished up yesterday but I didn't quite get there.

So this is where I'm at so far:

Various and sundry platypus parts.

I got his body, legs, and tail done. Left to do are his feet, bill, eyes, and assembly. That should go pretty quickly (knock on wood), so hopefully I'll get him wrapped up soon.

After that I have a few more small birthday-related projects and then it will be back to the dragon blanket. I need to get that done fairly soonish so I can get started on the two wedding blankets on my list. Time for me to buckle down!!

We are doing the yarn circle again this week after a couple of weeks off, so I am looking forward to that, for sure. Hopefully your own projects are going smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment