Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Blocks

As I mentioned last week, I finished a baby blanket recently. As it turns out, I was just in time, since the baby in question arrived the same week I sent the blanket to the office with my husband (it was for a friend of ours that he also happens to work with). My husband kept forgetting to ask when the baby was due, so I kind of thought I was handing the blanket over way early, but figured it was better safe than sorry. Turns out I got it done just in the nick of time! Whoo!

I am pretty happy with how this one came out, too. The proud parents also enjoyed it quite a bit. Hopefully the baby is digging on it by now as well! Anyhoo, here it is:

Alphababy Blanket by Cori 2012.



Pattern: Baby ABCs Afghan by Coats & Clark (Available in Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Sage (6 skeins)
Hook: US G

I loved this pattern! It was pretty simple and easy to do, it just required me to keep count of my stitches pretty much the whole time. I think it is super fun for babies because the bobbles give them lots of extra texture to play with, plus, you know, it's educational. Win-win. The really cool thing is that it would be super easy to take the pattern for each letter and make your own design up with a name or whatever you want it to say too. I can see myself playing around with that at some point in the future for sure.

In other projects, I actually managed to finish the next baby blanket in line this past weekend. I am not sure how that happened. So this week I am going to give my socks a little TLC before I move on to the next, full-sized, blanket. I went ahead and picked up the yarn for that and the pattern seems pretty simple, so hopefully that one will go quickly too. We shall see.

Wishing you all a wonderful yarn-filled week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment