Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Actually, I Can't Tell You

It dawned on me after I posted my last finished project that I won't actually be able to blog about my next few projects until after they are done and gifted to their intended recipients. Huh. I guess that means I will have to get creative for my next few yarny posts, huh?

That doesn't mean you guys aren't free to guess and/or speculate, however. So for today, I will show you the yarn at bat and on deck.


This is what I am working on right now. That top yarn is actually purple, though I couldn't get a shot that really showed off the color.


Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage and Iris

Now this is what I got on my birthday trip to the local yarn store, Jenning Street Yarns. It's on deck. I am pretty stoked about it. The project it is for is going to require me to learn a new knitting technique, but hopefully it is a simple one. We shall just have to see, I suppose.

Berroco Vintage (Blue) and Berroco Comfort (Grey)

Speaking of my birthday, I got a lovely gift from my mother that I am pretty excited about.

Indigo Dragonfly Sock Yarn in TARDIS

I am really looking forward to working this up. It should be perfect for my TARDIS socks, assuming I ever get around to making them. They will go perfectly with my sonic screwdriver. I think, more than anything, I love that my mom saw yarn called TARDIS at Sock Summit and knew that she had to buy it for me. She may not always get my geeky ways, but she does understand that they are part of who I am. I love that about her.

Well, I've got some knitting to be doing, so I am off. Feel free to start formulating your hypotheses about what I might be making.

Have a great one, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment