Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Well, I Planned That Poorly

Sigh, just as I feel like things have calmed down a bit on the yarn front, I learn that I made a mistake on my mental calendar. I am in the midst of the first of two blankets I have left for the year, and I thought I had two weeks to get it done still. I am about a third of the way there. Here's a bit of a hint for it:

So much potential in this one little picture.

Of course, I found out this past weekend that the wedding it is intended to be a present for is actually this coming weekend, not the one after. Yikes! The wedding is out of town though, so we weren't actually planning to attend. As much as it galls me, that means that I will just have to gift it after the happy couple returns from their honeymoon instead of before they leave town for the wedding. Sigh. It's not the end of the world, I know, but it is annoying to me.

Still, the blanket itself is going pretty well (when I am not slacking), as I managed to pick a pattern that (once past the foundation row) is a very quick workup. I think I've come up with another relatively simple pattern for the next blanket as well. I just need to get the colors chosen and the yarn purchased (and then double and triple-check the date of the wedding and plan accordingly).

I have also been working on my shawl, getting at least about half an hour to forty-five minutes a week to work on it (though I want to try to throw at least another hour a week in there). I am really digging how it is turning out. As it happens, we aren't going to be able to make the wedding I was going to wear it to either, so it now has an open-ended deadline. I still want to try to get it done sooner rather than later, however.

So, that's where I'm at this week. Have a great week, and happy crafting to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment