Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Local Buys

So I am one of those people who tends to just buy anything I can online. I just do. That is generally the rule for yarn as well. But. I do love to check out my local shop every now and again, and when I go on vacation, finding a local yarn store is always on my "To Do" list.

My husband and I took a mini-getaway to Dallas at the start of the month and (in addition to visiting three comic book stores) he was kind enough to indulge me in checking out one of Dallas' fine local yarn stores.

I visited The Shabby Sheep and it was a nice little shop. I picked up a couple of things while I was there, even though I really don't need any more yarn.

Classic Elite Yarns Liberty Wool

Jojoland Fantasia

The first I envision becoming a pair of socks (probably for my daughter, though maybe I can get a pair of ankle socks for myself out of that).

The second, I couldn't resist. With college football starting up, I was drawn to the Illini colors (it is my very first home team, seeing as I was born a stone's throw from the University of Illinois). As I was petting this yarn I had all kinds of happy flashbacks to my very early childhood. These will make a lovely hat and some fingerless gloves, methinks.

So while I do generally prefer to buy my yarn online, there is something to be said for the adventure of visiting the local yarn store every once in a while. Or checking a new one out, as the case may be. You never know what kind of treasure you'll find there!

No comments:

Post a Comment