Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just A Bit Giddy

Okay, well, first off, I finished the penultimate blanket, whoo!

Sunshine and Roses by Cori 2012.



Pattern: Granny Ripple by The Lazy Hobbyhopper (available for free here)
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry Red, White, and Bright Yellow (3 skeins each)
Hook: US I

I am overall very happy with how it turned out. I was kind of worried that the color combination in stripes would make it look like a flag, but after the first few repeats that feeling went away. I really do like these colors together actually.

So. One more to go! This one is just gonna be basic granny squares and I am thinking I will play with using a chain to join them rather than sewing them together. I gather it is actually pretty easy, I've just never done it before. But I think I've got a good tutorial saved somewhere in my bookmarks.

I did also finish one small quickie project on Friday, but I can't actually show it to you just yet.

In other news, Friday I was reading the Yarn Harlot's blog and she mentioned that she would be in Texas speaking at MadTosh today. I clicked on the link because I just recently discovered a MadTosh down the street from me and wondered if she could possibly mean that specific store.

She did.

After a giddy round of jumping up and down and making sure someone was available to watch the kiddo tonight, I managed to secure myself a ticket to the event.

You guys. I am SO excited about this.

So, that's what I'll be doing tonight. I need to dig out the socks I made for my daughter last winter and take them to see if I can get a first socks picture with her. Fingers crossed!

Hoping you are all having a fantabulous Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment