Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Inching Ahead, More Or Less

Oh man, I have very very little progress to report today. My daughter and I got whacked by a big ol' stick of summer cold last week and as a result I really didn't do a whole lot on the yarn front (or on any other front, to be honest).

I did manage to finish two projects.

One of them, I can't show you yet, because it is a present and has yet to be gifted.

The other is the blanket I was making for my daughter.

Snuggle Time by Cori 2012.

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Shaded Browns (four skeins)
Hook: K

It's just a huge granny square. I did one row too many so the border is just a cluster of five single crochet in each chain one space around (with a slip stitch in the middle of each cluster). You can't really see it in the picture, and I really couldn't get a good shot of it (because of the aforementioned cold and my addled brain), but I am most proud of the detail on the left bottom and right upper corners. All I did was (chain ten, slip stitch in third sc of cluster) five times. It's a cute little almost flower effect though.

My daughter truly seems very pleased with the blanket, and she is slowly starting to realize it is her blanket for cuddling out of bed, so that is all for the good too.

Other than that, I did a few rows on Color Affection (finished the second section--one more and the edging left) and the small project I can't show you. Now I am back to the dragon blanket. Hopefully I can get some marked progress made on it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment