Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A New Variation

One more project down! Only two to juggle now, huzzah!

Blue Waves by Cori 2011.


Edging detail.

Pattern: Diagonal Box Stitch Afghan by Sandra Petit
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Soft Navy (8 skeins)
Hook: N

I know I use this pattern a lot, but that is because I really truly do like it quite a lot. Also, it is fun to play with each variation. Do I do stripes? Just two colors or more? Do I just do a solid one-color blanket? And so on. I might see if I can find a fun variegated yarn the next time I make this. That could be interesting.

Also, and let's be honest here, it is an extremely easy pattern. With my daughter to keep an eye on, this is a nice pattern that doesn't require too much concentration, and I am less likely to mess it up when I am distracted while working. Which I will be. Frequently.

But it also makes a nice solid blanket that is perfect for cozying up underneath, and usually comes out looking very nice. All of that in a simple pattern that isn't boring and that I can play with from time to time? That is, in my opinion, the perfect pattern.

I'll stick to small things for the interesting stuff, I think. At least for now.

Next up, finish my dish towel! Then, possibly, make something that isn't blue.

Keep moving forward, right? Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment